• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

What's the deal with this logo?

Peachtree Signs

So I got sent this which was made in Corel and you can see the raster pixels in the gradients which I'm sure aren't supposed to be there, so I was wondering if the file wasn't exported correctly and something got lost in translation? she sent me an eps and an ai file and they both look this way. I know I could redraw it but I'd like to know for future reference (I'm sure I'm going to run into issues like this a lot)

Attachments

• dinologo.jpg
    dinologo.jpg
    37.9 KB · Views: 479

2B

I'm guessing you don't have Corel to open the original file? that the reason for the other formats?
When you view in wireframe or with nodes, what are you seeing?

my guess is an auto trace of a pixilated logo, that wasn't cleaned up and then vector was added to it.

Peachtree Signs

no I don't have Corel

The wireframe shows the contour of the gradient object but there's a big square around it, I asked her to convert to curves before sending it

Bigdawg

Just Me
Depending on what version of Illy you are using and what version they saved as, the wireframe is showing you the contour of the clipping mask and the square you see is usually a raster image of the gradient. This happens to us when we get a file that is a newer version of Illustrator than we are using. If it is... you can go to your links palette and see it (it will show up as an embedded image).

WhiskeyDreamer

Professional Snow Ninja
I have Corel X8. I could open the file and see what it looks like if you want. I've found that PDFs tend to export better than AI and EPS from Corel.