• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Whats the diff? SP300 and SP300V

gbeef

hey guy im looking at getting a versacamm SP 300 the sales guy has a used 300 version for 14000 can and he has new SP 300V for 16500 so my question is whats the difference and from your experince is it even worth buying a used one?

Barry

gbeef said:
hey guy im looking at getting a versacamm SP 300 the sales guy has a used 300 version for 14000 can and he has new SP 300V for 16500 so my question is whats the difference and from your experince is it even worth buying a used one?

There are very few differences between the 2, but the main differerence is the SP300 uses ColorRip and the SP300V uses Versaworks as a Rip. Personally I prefer ColorRip, but that is just me.

The Roland SP300 stickered at $13,999 so your not getting any discount there and the SP300V only stickers at $14,999 so at $16,500 I think your dealer may be trying to stick it to you.

gtjet

We have the SP 300 and it is a great machine but used it is not worth the 14000 quote. We paid 13999, with a new warranty and shipped to us free and dealer setup and training. Sounds like it is depending on how used (was it just a floor demo?) over priced by 2-4000 dollars easy. Also a lot of guys are trading off the 30" machine in favor of the SP 540 so they can print bigger banners, making a lot of them available for 10000-11000 currently. We do not do many banners here due to a restrictive/costly city ordinance. So I prefer the 30" machine.
Good luck

gbeef

that price is in canadian. sorry about the mix up... what do you think now? sounds like the machine was a trade back like the guy bought and traded up to a 540.

so im saving probly 2.5G off the price... but its a 300 not a 300V. is there is any parts differences?

signdesign

I am getting my roland 300v this saturday - got the rebate - got a real good deal. Got everything for $13844.00 - which included the roland printer cutter. shipping on site training triangle bulk ink system flexipro 7.x upgrade and a starter kit. And the guy who is bringing it has a bunch of clipart and goodies to show me. So I can't wait.
Karen

signdesign

I got it from Sign OUtlet Store from Illinois. I had to put a down payment before the end of the year so I could get the $3000.00 rebate but I pay the balance when it is delivered.
I am dealing with Kevin - very nice guy.
karen

Mike Paul

Super Active Member
Buy it at a show if possible.
I just bought a brand new SP300V for 12,200. Free shipping, complete set of Max ink, training and $500.in free material. :cool1:

Place order for demo unit

Sorry, should have included in previous post. When i talked to roland sales rep in nov. who informed me of rebate, was calling about 540v. Told me to place order with local dealer to place order with roland for demo. The ones they use at sign shows. After the shows they go back to roland for full service and support to comply with new unit & warranty. Was told after you place order and a unit comes in, there are quite a few. You should get a fair discount for essentially a new unit.