• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Whats the problem?

The Sign Dude

I have had a ink droplets on my print a few times before but it was baaad this morning. Could this be caused by my capping station?

Jackpine

You may have a thread or "fuzz" on the bottom of your print head. I have had this happen a few times. Just clean around the head. I also had a "fuzz" on one of the hold down pieces and it "acquired" ink and caused marks on the print.

The Sign Dude

thanks jack I cleaned the head and it helped but still doing it some. I cant seem to load the pictures I took showing what happened.

VinylCraft

carfuly swab around the rubber seals of the capping stations and the wiper get any junk hanging around there.

Mike Paul

Super Active Member
Could be a few things.
Clean the head, wipers and wiper scraper along with the capping station. If that doesn't work try some new wiper and post back.

bob

It's better to have two hands than one glove.
also...static can cause it too. most of the time i find some silly little fuzzy that's the culprit though.

Static might cause a lot of things but this isn't one of them. Unless ink is actually leaking out of the print head, random ink droplets on a print are virtually always the result of a wayward piece of lint on the print head. All it takes is a single minuscule hair of lint in order to form a drop.

More often than not, you find these after printing banner material. Especially banner material with anything resembling a ragged edge.

Compilla

I have had a ink droplets on my print

I already inspected the MTNC area, inspect the top ink lines for leaks, holes or kinks.

I had the same problem with black ink droples and the black line had a hole on it.

Good Luck!

:cool1:

Color Dude

This is a guaranteed piece of lint on the bottom or side of the printhead. Lint on the heads will definately cause a siphoning effect which in turn will cause dripping of ink over the prints. This problem will be seen mainly during or after running banner material. Make sure to keep those heads clean.