• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

What's this piece???

Eddie Greer

While I was inspecting the head again I found this little sponge looking thing (See attached Pics).

Are these needed? What are they called? Are they replaceable? it look broken or riped.

I having an getting Cyan and Magenta firing.

Thanks

20190701_202605.jpg 20190701_202547.jpg

GAC05

Quit buggin' me
Looks like the little filler sponge that goes between the short sides of the pint head and the plastic ramps on each side.
Been a while but when I had a 1304 as part of the cleaning kit it would come with 2 new ramps and the foam was stuck on each.
Either that or check your spitting sponge(if your printer has them) to see if it is coming apart.

Eddie Greer

Looks like the little filler sponge that goes between the short sides of the pint head and the plastic ramps on each side.
Been a while but when I had a 1304 as part of the cleaning kit it would come with 2 new ramps and the foam was stuck on each.
Either that or check your spitting sponge(if your printer has them) to see if it is coming apart.

It was next to the head, are they needed? Can I order them?

GAC05

Quit buggin' me
Not sure how critical they are. I think they soak up the excess ink when a cleaning cycle is run.
Maybe just swab around the areas after you run the cleaning so nothing drips down on the prints.
What model of printer do you have?

Eddie Greer

Not sure how critical they are. I think they soak up the excess ink when a cleaning cycle is run.
Maybe just swab around the areas after you run the cleaning so nothing drips down on the prints.
What model of printer do you have?

VJ-1204

letterman7

:) I don't even have those on my brand new 1204 head. Don't worry about it - get rid of them. One more thing to grab and hold ink and misc fuzz...