• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Whats vinyl is used on boats and marine things?

sardocs

Any cast vinyl will work. We use a lot of Avery cast in the shop, but for working down on the docks I like the cast 3M stuff on the plastic backer. It's not a fatal error if it gets water on it, like when you fall off the swimgrid....

Precision

Ij180 for boat wraps. We usually use ij35 for lettering direct to the boat, it grabs better, than ij180 as a cut graphic.

ToneCustomSigns

Any cast vinyl will work. We use a lot of Avery cast in the shop, but for working down on the docks I like the cast 3M stuff on the plastic backer. It's not a fatal error if it gets water on it, like when you fall off the swimgrid....
Agreed. I have wrapped boats with 3M 180Cv3 and with their 2080 series of wrap material. I also use Arlon or 3M cast material for boat numbers and names. Works very well.

John_Smith

Enjoying retirement in Central Florida
For me, it's not really the "brand" of vinyl, but, the preparation of where the vinyl goes.
Every smidgen of wax and other contaminates MUST be removed prior to the application of anything; Paint or Vinyl. Or else, you are looking at premature product failure and/or possibly a 2nd trip to the jobsite to do it over.