• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

When not include Crop Marks in printed output?

sjm

Is there a specific digitally printed project where you can think of that crop marks are not necessary?

ddubia

I'll hand-cut some odd-shaped designs when I can do that quicker than I can set it up on the cutter and wait for it to do it's thing.

Also, some square or rectangular printed projects that have ink coverage all the way around the border like a 12 x 18 rectangular sign with white letters and a red background can easily be cut using a straight-edge and cutting along the border. A full coverage banner comes to mind as that won't go through the plotter and the crop marks would only be tight against the background ink coverage anyway.

Each job is different but I'd say I hand-cut about 15% of our vinyl. Sometimes messing around with the plotter just takes more time.

daveb

General Know-it-all
Almost always use full-bleeds on printed layouts anymore. Textures, graduated shades, oversize the 4'x8' print by 1/2'' all the way around and hand trim it after application, no reason to plot it (waste of time). Just sayin':cool: