• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

When was Flexi first introduced

VonsGraphix1969

Hey guys....
I started with a DOS based sign program in 1990, then we went to CAS Mate & then Scanvec Amiable released Inspire for the digital printing part of our business... My question is this... Does anybody remember what year was Flexi FIRST introduced to the market after Inspire??? I have $20 riding on this question with a friend... I say late 90's like 98, 99 or 2000.. Can anybody confirm this date??

Matthew Scher

Hey guys....
I started with a DOS based sign program in 1990, then we went to CAS Mate & then Scanvec Amiable released Inspire for the digital printing part of our business... My question is this... Does anybody remember what year was Flexi FIRST introduced to the market after Inspire??? I have $20 riding on this question with a friend... I say late 90's like 98, 99 or 2000.. Can anybody confirm this date??

Depends on what you mean exactly. FlexiSIGN was introduced for Macintosh back in 1992. It was called version 2 back then. I started working for Amiable Technologies that year with the release of 2.1. Back in 1991 folks were using FlexiCAD on the Macintosh to drive some converted pen plotters to cut vinyl with a hot knife. In 1994 Flexi was released for Windows. The first version of Flexi released AFTER Scanvec Inspire was in 1998. That was also the year that Scanvec acquired Amiable and became Scanvec-Amiable. That was version 6.0 and was a complete user interface change from all prior versions. Though powerful, it took some time to get used to it. The latest version is based on the same base as Flexi 6.

FrankW

Dont mix up: Amiable was a company who sells Flexi for years when they merge with Scanvec (the Company who have made Casmate and Inspire) to Scanvec Amiable (Today SA International) in 1999. When Casmate was 6.5 and Inspire was 1.0 Flexi was 5.x. But they have made a complete redesign with version 6.