• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Where can I buy an original Big Squeegee brand laminator tool?

VicoDrive

The sign shop I use to work at years ago had a 26" Big Squeegee laminator tool, and I thought it was just awesome! I have since been working freelance out of my house and Ive been wanting to get one just like we had at the shop but they seem to have gone extinct! Does anyone know where to buy this green and white version? If not, is there any version out there comparable to this one? I need one that lets me put the roll of vinyl on top of the squeegee, not just a flat squeegee

Attachments

• 2212.jpg
    2212.jpg
    22.2 KB · Views: 718

VicoDrive

Nope.... I saw that link from their original website also. This version of the original Big Squeegee is not there. If you see it for some reason, please link me to it!

gnubler

I have one of those old green plastic ones and it's NOT for sale. I love it. It has a sticker on it, made in 90s sometime. I also bought a new aluminum Big Squeegee, 54" wide I believe, and don't like the design as much as the plastic one.

VicoDrive

When I bought us the one at the shop I worked at, it was probably around 2010-2013 and I believe it was directly from Big Squeegee too. When I first asked (I believe on here) the best way to go about laminating and laying out vinyl, everyone cried out to me, "Big squeegee!" So it was definitely well known and approved by many. Hard to believe it and its company look to be just about non existent now.

signheremd

Fellers has a 18" and 26" in stock:

Site for the manufacturer:

Another vendor site with all sizes listed:

VicoDrive

Fellers has a 18" and 26" in stock:

Site for the manufacturer:

Another vendor site with all sizes listed:
Thats not the same thing, those are flat

VicoDrive

Did you check out the other two links? There are many versions of the Big Squeegee
I saw the other one already also, cant make sense of the site. It doesnt look like you can buy those even though that is the correct pic of what I was looking for

signheremd

I saw the other one already also, cant make sense of the site. It doesnt look like you can buy those even though that is the correct pic of what I was looking for
I believe you need to create an account to add it to your cart at Beacon Graphics. But they have an 800 number. I think you are looking for the Series 1 or 2

binki

The sign shop I use to work at years ago had a 26" Big Squeegee laminator tool, and I thought it was just awesome! I have since been working freelance out of my house and Ive been wanting to get one just like we had at the shop but they seem to have gone extinct! Does anyone know where to buy this green and white version? If not, is there any version out there comparable to this one? I need one that lets me put the roll of vinyl on top of the squeegee, not just a flat squeegee
I am looking for this version as well. I dropped and broke mine today. Any luck with finding it?

david lewicki

I’ve got a 54” one of those. I Would be willing to sell if the price was right. Let me know.

VicoDrive

I am looking for this version as well. I dropped and broke mine today. Any luck with finding it?
Unfortunately no, I gave up. I. Ought a 24" blue plastic one which is a Big Squeegee brand. I got it but haven't had a chance to try it yet. The only issue I am seeing possible with it is that if you put a roll of vinyl or masking on top to use, I don't see how it will stay as you laminate away. The old one was more of a large curved cup that would hold it on top. The new one has sort of that but not nearly as tall, so the roll will probably fall off when you laminate. I'll post about it once I try it

binki

Unfortunately no, I gave up. I. Ought a 24" blue plastic one which is a Big Squeegee brand. I got it but haven't had a chance to try it yet. The only issue I am seeing possible with it is that if you put a roll of vinyl or masking on top to use, I don't see how it will stay as you laminate away. The old one was more of a large curved cup that would hold it on top. The new one has sort of that but not nearly as tall, so the roll will probably fall off when you laminate. I'll post about it once I try it
Where did you get it?

binki

I purchased the flat version from Fellers. It is something which is better than nothing.

VicoDrive

Where did you get it?
I got it here...

Stacey K

I like making signs
Thread a bungee cord through it and hook it to the sides, works great! Just enough resistance to keep it on there.