• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Where can I find info on making my own profiles?

boggiom72

The profiles coming with my colorip are garbage...
All the books I found are 1000 pages on general photo technics...

Any good manual to make my own profile with colorip 2.2?

I have a Roland FJ 740...
txt!
m

As I recall, ColorRIP was a Roland OEM product that was based on Wasatch 4, and I don't believe that they included a profile creation module with ColorRIP. It was only sold for a period of maybe one or two years, back in 2004-2005 time frame.

You might want to upgrade your RIP to something more current. I believe that Wasatch offers a pretty aggressive upgrade program to migrate to SoftRIP, and I'm sure that other RIP manufacturers will offer upgrades as well.

bbeens

Colorip was based on Softrip 5.x not 4. Here is a link to our guide to profiling with Softrip. Some of the steps will be related to newer controls that are not available with Colorip but it should be a good reference for building profiles. If you have questions let me know, I have walked many users through the process over the years.

http://wasatch.com/profiling_with_pss_tech_note.html

Bryan

boggiom72

WOW Bryan!!!! thanks so much for the offer!!!!!!!

I'll first go trough the material, so I'll (try to ) avoid all the most banal questions!!!!

Thanks so much again!!!
This process it's driving me slightly crazy!
But I've seen here that it is quite the normal procedure...
m

10sacer

Would be nice if there was a straightforward guide for Onyx, as well.
The steps are easy enough, but there are some pretty critical decisions to be made along the way that if you don't know what they do - can really screw up the works and give bad results.