• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Need Help Where can I find Satin Cold Laminate?

Ink Newbie

Ink Newbie
I've been looking for new types of laminate and I wanted to include a satin option in my works for die-cut and kiss-cut stickers, but I can't find any satin laminate anywhere. I've seen many print shops having this satin option, and I have tried to find their supplier, but I haven't found anyone yet. So, do you know a place/website that sells this type of laminate?
Thanks for the help!

FireSprint.com

Trade Only Screen & Digital Sign Printing
I have to agree with Bob here. The difference between matte and satin might not be hardly anything at all between two different laminate manufacturers. I feel like our matte is fairly satin on our decals we sell. There isn't really a standard for what Gloss, Satin, Luster, or Matte really are.

Ink Newbie

Ink Newbie
Thank you very much for your input! Yes, I have noticed many people saying that Satin and Matte are very similar, to the point that customers may not know the difference. I just got started with Satin, but I will take a look at different finishes in the future.

Ink Newbie

Ink Newbie
We use arlon 3420 satin, tossed out the matte and gloss versions at this point. The whole reason we stopped using arlon gloss was due to the adhesive 'piling' at the point of paper separation when the laminator is sitting overnight. On my GFP, it's about 12" from the nip, so unless you ran the lam through, you'd get this nasty blurry region in the print. The satin either doesn't let the adhesive pile up, or the finish hides it well. It also keeps any given hair trapped under it from looking like an exhibited insect under resin. It's more matte than 3m's lustre 8519, but has a noice sheen to it, so it's definitely not flat. We keep matte and gloss in higher dollar materials, but if you order a print from me and don't specify what finish, it's going to be satin.
I recently bought the same laminate you use(Arlon 3420 Satin). It looks like I made the right choice. I will keep in mind what you said though, I will opt for having satin for a while, and if things get better, I'll add up the gloss and matte options for more expensive works, or if the customer requests so. As always, thank you for your helpful response!