• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Suggestions Where can I purchase random sign install accessories?

WhatsYourSign?

We're looking to purchase things like:
  • Decorative caps that go on the top of signs across the full width (i.e. a 8' wide x 4' tall sign)

• An insert that would allow us to install said 8' x 4' sign attached to the middle of a 4"x4" instead of screwing into the front of the 4"x4" post

I'm guessing there are some good suppliers specifically for accessories like this...hoping somebody can point us in the right direction.

Thank you!

letterman7

Fairly rookie questions, but ok... you need to quantify what you mean by a "cap" for a sign. There isn't anything commercially available that I know of for plywood that is "decorative". If you want to put a decorative look to the sign, you have to cut it in a decorative fashion. Same for an "insert". In the past I've routed a channel into the post for the board to sit in, and screwed through the post into the sign board. Alternately, you can use aluminum angle full width to sandwich the board.

WhatsYourSign?

Fairly rookie questions, but ok... you need to quantify what you mean by a "cap" for a sign. There isn't anything commercially available that I know of for plywood that is "decorative". If you want to put a decorative look to the sign, you have to cut it in a decorative fashion. Same for an "insert". In the past I've routed a channel into the post for the board to sit in, and screwed through the post into the sign board. Alternately, you can use aluminum angle full width to sandwich the board.

I started a marketing agency a few years ago and recently purchased a sign company we'd often collaborate with. So if it's a rookie question, that's a fair assessment...I'm not an industry veteran (but I'm pushing myself to learn quickly).

What I'm looking for is something like you see on the top of the sign in the attached picture.

Perhaps I'm overthinking this and that's just crown molding attached to the sign.

Helpful feedback about the channel cut into the 4x4 post. That wasn't exactly what I was thinking (I was thinking of something that attached to the post itself), but that would likely work well enough.

RxMqoDr.jpg