• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Where do you get a faster Profile for Banners for the Versacamm?

cfbeagle

What is the deal? I have a SP-540, Roland advertises 114 sq/hr. In the two years I have had it I cannot get anywhere near that speed. Right now I am printing some 4 x 20 banners, less then 50% coverage and it is taking 3 hours to print:Sleeping:.

80 sq.ft. in 3 hours, that is like 26.66 sq.ft./hr:help: Where can I find a faster profile? The banners look great but I would be glad to sacrifice a little quality to speed things up. (I am using the BOSB profile in Versaworks.)

Thanks for your help!!

Tparkin

I run banners w/ the "generic banner" profile on high speed and they fly out of the machine w/ good quality...never had a problem.

ChiknNutz

I make my own profiles now and have made a 450x360x4-pass profile that can be used for some banners...most that don't require up-close viewing. With that, I get about 160 SFPH, but even at my 'normal' print speed, I get 64 SFPH which is 720x720x8-pass and that I use for 95% of what we produce.

Last edited:

cfbeagle

I make my own profiles now and have made a 540x360x4-pass profile that can be used for some banners...most that don't require up-close viewing. With that, I get about 160 SFPH, but even at my 'normal' print speed, I get 64 SFPH which is 720x720x8-pass and that I use for 95% of what we produce.

Wow! is that with a SP540 or one of the faster models? That is faster then advertised even!

Also I noticed you use Wasatch SoftRip 6.0, do you like it a lot better then Versaworks? Do you need that to get those fast speeds?

Thanks for the comments!

ChiknNutz

Please see my signature for equip. specs. Yes, I know that's faster than advertised. Just like putting speed parts on your car (especially aftermarket chips for diesel engines)...you don't have to build a whole new car to go faster!