• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Need Help Where to buy a CJV150 printhead?

maxflags

Hi.

I have a mimaki CJV150-107 printer. I don't know what happened to the printhead. It seems that it glued to the capping station and with a cleaning movement the gold membrane got damaged.

Can somebody tell me where to buy a new printhead in europe? My mimaki dealer in germany wants 2500 € for a new one. When I search for a printhead on google I can find several offers starting from $ 1000.

made-in-china offers a L1440 printhead (compatible to mimaki) for $1000.

digiprint supplies has negative feedback, sells at 1500 €.

sign-in-china is at $2300. But with customs and taxes it is the same price my mimaki dealer offers.

Thanks a lot Chris.

jimmmi

Usually many Chinese or Thailand websites are fake with prices bellow $1500. Digiprint supplies has many bad feedback, but bought from them some parts and didn't have any problem. I've read people lost momey also of course but except dealer, i think they are the second more trustworthy from the online stores.

maxflags

Yes... digiprint has many negative evaluations on trustpilot. The thing is, if they don't proactively collect on trustpilot, you will only see negative feedback.

Francis Drake

Got a lot of bad experiences on the net... but I recently ordered a printhead at lfprinterparts.com thanks to a friend of mine. Got delivered an original head a couple of days later and I'm happy with it...

maxflags

Hi Francis.

lfprinterparts offers the printhead for 2350 €. It includes memory board and manufacturer head ID. What exactly does this mean? The digiprint offer for 1500 € is without memory board. Is the memory board this small PCB on the frontside of the printhead? Can I use my old memory board with a new printhead?

Thanks Cris

Francis Drake

Hi Cris, i've heard some use "compatible" heads and re-use old memory board but i always prefer sticking to original.
the guy on live chat at lfprinterparts.com was very helpful. maybe would be worth to contact them..

Solventinkjet

DIY Printer Fixing Guide
With the DX5 Mimaki heads, sometimes the old memory board works and sometimes it doesn't. It depends on how old the head rank on the old head is. If it's too far apart from the new one, it can cause issues.