• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Where to buy Orange Buckets

allamericantrade

Cones are a dime a dozen sold by multiple suppliers and can be bought anywhere. Does any one know where one can purchase the big trashcan like orange bucket like cones used on the side of the road?

tsgstl

hey no problem glad I could help. It took me seconds so there might be better pricing out there. I just used google images because I knew what you were describing just not the name. Sometimes google images works faster than searching for something. Good luck!!

allamericantrade

The bigger the better. I have a customer with a parking lot light that was hit and went down in the middle of his lot. he had an incedent with the pillar being hit by another customer and having the pole made is 5-6 weeks. The best remedy I could come up with is putting one of the big barrels over it. It wasn't an issue with a 20' long pole on top but the base is now 30" high and easilly missed by vehicles parking in the lot.

omgsideburns

I wouldn't put the barrel OVER it.. People tend to think they can move them with their car.. next thing is some kid is gonna go "OH LOOK A BARREL" and smash in to it at 40mph..

allamericantrade

I wouldn't put the barrel OVER it.. People tend to think they can move them with their car.. next thing is some kid is gonna go "OH LOOK A BARREL" and smash in to it at 40mph..
Heard a story once who was upset at kids running over his trash cans. He took a dishwasher box and filled it with concrete and it totalled the kids car. Probrably one of those urban legends but its a good one. I was even thinking of using the existing electrical connection to wire in a temporary light bulb holder and installing a low wattage red light in its place.

ThinkRight

Use 4- 5 gallon buckets with concrete and a pole about 5 feet high and get crime scene tape or caution tape to fence it in.$40-$ 60 bucks tops

TwoNine

Yeah - I agree with ThinkRight...That or else use some delineators (3' - 4' long orange traffic posts - There are what we use when we setup our crane) with "Danger" tape stretched across.....