• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Where to find?

captonzoom

Hi,

I just recently got into sublimation and am very excited to see what it can do for my business. My question is, where do you find template or blank images for license plates? If I browse the web looking what others do, Lots of companies are making the same plates with the same images. Where do you find the software with those images?? Unlike the vinyl side of my business, I have found many suppliers of vector artwork for cutting decals. I cannot find anyone who sells artwork specifically for license plates? When I go to shows, Theres always a vendor that does this right there for you and he has catalogs full of images and examples!

Please point me in the right direction.

Thanks!!

captonzoom

Thanks Travis,

Yes, I have been there. The software there isnt what I am looking for. Their software isnt specific to license plates. :(

captonzoom

http://www.unisubgraphics.com/templates/outlinedrawingsjump.html They have templates for most of the products they make.

Its not the templates (substrate templates) Im looking for. Its the actual images that are used on plates. When I sell decals for example, I can purchase vector art for say, sports or hunting etc... Everytime I go to a show to set up an sell, there is always someone selling customized and non-customized plates. But they have catalogs full of license plate designs that they can print up right there for you. Thats what i am interested in finding. the designs.

Thanks!!

captonzoom

It is a rectangle! Make your own designs

Very creative response!

Yes I can do that, but why oh why would anyone re-invent the wheel when Im sure its already been done? Custom signs, sure, create origanal artwork, but why do it when Im sure you can buy a package that can get you started?

If you're already into vinyl, then you probably already have a good collection of vector images. Deer heads, fish, or whatever. They will work just as well for sublimation as they do for vinyl cutting. Simply make a page in your software 12 inches wide by 6 inches tall and import whatever clipart you want and resize it to fit the space. Then add text if you want. I don't know of any clipart package that is specifically for license plates.

captonzoom

If you're already into vinyl, then you probably already have a good collection of vector images. Deer heads, fish, or whatever. They will work just as well for sublimation as they do for vinyl cutting. Simply make a page in your software 12 inches wide by 6 inches tall and import whatever clipart you want and resize it to fit the space. Then add text if you want. I don't know of any clipart package that is specifically for license plates.

My only thing is those are all single color images. Thats what i used to do when i would get a plate order. Now i can do full color subliamtion. There has to be something out there.

I have designed about 50 or so, so far.

Thanks for response!

WildWestDesigns

There isn't any one thing that is specific to license plates as far as clip art goes. You just have to make it fit the license plate and use whatever clip art you want to.

Very rarely will it say clip art for tags or clip art for shirts etc.

Red Earth

You don't have to stick with vector art for sublimation either. We use quite a bit of photographs as well as photo illustrations.

If you are not a photographer, there are plenty for sale without restrictions on the net.

Cut a whole in the box....anyone can do the same ole-same ole available in books and cd's.

PJ

James Burke

Being a grandpa is more fun than working
Ditto about the freedom to design without vector worries.

Typically, any good collection that comes with Corel, Clipart Heaven, or one of those 65,000 Images sets will work great. The thick catalog they come with can be a good reference for the customer, but also a real pain when they want this from here, and that from there...a real pita if you're not careful.

I understand about trying to keep things simple, but usually pre-made images will always have something a little less than what your customer really wants.

JB

digitalwoodshop

I have been doing Sublimation since 2007.

A few tips...

If you want to do Reflective License Plates print on Clear MATES a Poly material with self stick backing. It comes in Sheets but I bought a Roll that works better for the 6 x 12 plates. Apply White Reflective on License Plate and the MATES over the reflective.

Next is to buy the Hitch Cover Blanks from a Sublimation Supplier and use that same reflective trick. I then fill the hitch cover with Epoxy Dome Material. There is a 2 part or a UV Cure.

This would go well with the License Plates.

You can buy the Oval and Rectangle Hitch Covers from the Sublimation Suppliers but you can call the place that supplies the Sub places.... I did... DWD Plastic... 205-916-2867 Much Cheaper....

All the license plates and hitch cover pictures are reflective...

Good Luck,

AL

Attachments

• DSC00945_WEB.jpg
    DSC00945_WEB.jpg
    87.2 KB · Views: 116
  • DSC08971_WEB.jpg
    DSC08971_WEB.jpg
    31 KB · Views: 132
  • DSC08982_WEB.jpg
    DSC08982_WEB.jpg
    24.5 KB · Views: 121