• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

where to get versaworks?

Keevan

I bought a used VP 540 but I didn't get the CD. is there anywhere we can download the software? I can't find it anywhere.

EDIT: I now see that we can buy a CD from Roland which is so dumb we have to wait for an actual physical CD to ship.... Anyone willing to make an ISO image of theirs and share it?

Last edited:

victor bogdanov

This thread has links to download

henryz

They are doing this to prevent machines being stolen and sold, so it's not as easy to buy the software or just download it.

balstestrat

Problem Solver
They are doing this to prevent machines being stolen and sold, so it's not as easy to buy the software or just download it.
No... they don't share it because it's old and they want to sell new printers.
You can freely download VW6 from their website... because it's the current one.

Like how massive black market of stolen printers do you think there is?
It's not really something you can just stash in your pocket and run.

I've heard stories of PCs with RIP dongles being stolen and I bet they didn't even know what the USB stick is there for.

SignMeUpGraphics

Super Active Member
Even back in the days of VW4, they never let you download the full package... you always had to install from the CD that came with the printer, however updates were freely downloadable.