• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

which cad design software

BROWNDOG

I'm looking for design software to convert ai or eps files in to RFL? files, i'm currently working with Harbor sales, for routing and would like a little more control in the routing process, and to see how are design will route. Harbor mentioned art cam but seem to be limited in their knowledge of the software for designing

Which Design software is preferred for art only?

cashflow1953

artcam

artcam converts the design into the file format that works with there router (my router is a warthog and uses a tap file) you can do lay out in artcam but i uses corel and export as a ai to artcam
good luck
cashflow

Techman

You do not need to create just RLF files which are only created and used with ART CAM.
You need to create dfx files or 3D files which can be used by any CAD CAM package.

Vectric Apire is a very good cad cam package. Also it is only $1999 and comes with hours of tutorials and a well developed forum to get you up to speed with tips and techniques..
IT is a complete CAD CAM package that is attracting a lot of attention lately. So much in fact that other cad companies had to get off their high horses and get creative in their marketing.
Aspire to create 3d vector art or their other package Vcarve pro for non 3d work will create your G code that drives your wart hog. I use Aspire every day. I just got the update.

I also own Artcam. I use it rarely. I do not plan to spend any more money upgrade it.
Art CAm will cost about 8 grand and you pay 1200 a year for the maintenance kit and pay another several hundreds for the tutorials and training too.
Artcam uses the RLF art files that is their own proprietary file system.

Also, as mentioned above you can use corel draw with a DFXTools plugin to create your vectors and export them to dfx files to just about any cad program out there.

I use Corel Draw to create vector files with DFXTools to plugin create the dfx files.. Lately I am moving away from corel draw and using Vectric Aspire for every thing including the 3D work on the CNC system at my shop.

You can get a FREE trial of Vectric Aspire to check it out.
take a look here,, http://www.vectric.com/forum/