• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Which one of you pulled this?

gnubler

Probably the recent poster asking questions about how to make aluminum house number signs, yet he apparently already knew everything there was to know...
Thought he could save some money by making Coroplast stop signs, rather than aluminum! "Score!", he thought. "Those idiots are wasting money on aluminum, and nobody will even notice my secret trick."

But seriously, aren't sign shops contracted with state and federal entities to make road signage? Curious how this ended up happening and which sign shop thought this would be a good idea.

Texas_Signmaker

Very Active Signmaker
I've made some traffic signs that were out of 10mm corrugated plastic. They were construction related though... The company said it's against code to use metal signs in a construction zone. Never seen corrugated plastic has a paper back to it. Looks like that's the 4mm stuff

ikarasu

Huh....

They link to the Coro signs they buy for $6 each. It doesn't look like they're reflective... isn't that against DOT code? Over here every stop sign on public roads has the be the highest reflectivity (Diamond grade), if you use a ligbter grade and someone claims they didn't see the sign, they can sue you.

I'm surprised st Louis is allowed to use non reflective stop signs... I have a feeling even as temp signage, they're about to get in a lot of crap for this.