• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Which plotter to choose?

designtcd

Hello everyone,

Last year we bought HP Latex 360, the price of consumables for it is
color - 140e
head - 140e
Maintenance kit - 160e

Can you help me, this seemed too expensive for us to maintain and a lot of consumables which are very expensive. The heads are mostly changed at about 3-4l because after that they start leaving lines with 8 passes.

Can you tell me if there is any option to reduce the maintenance costs of the machine and the like. We are currently working with these 8pass CMYK ink-80 settings

We are not some big printing company. We are considering switching to the Roland SP-540i or the Epson SureColor 40610, what do you think?

What is the difference between plotters, which is better, which is cheaper for us to maintain and similar?

SignMeUpGraphics

Super Active Member
Thumbs up on the 40610. Nearly zero maintenance in comparison. Wipe the heads once a month and empty the waste bottle every ~3-4 months maybe.