• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Which RIP Software?

ams

I am about to enter the printing side of sign making, I am getting a Roland Versacamm 540i 54" printer.

It comes with Roland Versaworks. Is this a professional software that I should use as an entry-level RIP? or what do you recommend I get? I can't afford the best of the best. So please advise me on something entry-level that can do most stuff. I don't currently do any state/government or corporation jobs, it's mainly small businesses.

trik

You will be fine with Versaworks. The real question is are you getting any training on the printer and Versaworks? Not as simple as plug it in, install, it, launch the software and go. Training and learning the maintenance of the machine is very key to being successful for a ton of reasons.

Good luck!

HulkSmash

From what i've heard versa works is a good RIP. It should work fine.

Question - Are you buying new? rowland makes a Solid machine, but you should take a look at the latex, no drying time.. cheaper ink costs... and works well with all the rips. In the end it's also going to be cheaper.

ams

Yes I am buying it new and receiving training. I believe it's an 8 hour training, but also they are only an hour and a half away, and said they will give on going support and come by for any problems. They are suppose to train me on the software and hardware both.

I considered the Latex but you can't print on banners with it. I chose this one because it's in my price range and for the banner printing.

ChicagoGraphics

Yes I am buying it new and receiving training. I believe it's an 8 hour training, but also they are only an hour and a half away, and said they will give on going support and come by for any problems. They are suppose to train me on the software and hardware both.

I considered the Latex but you can't print on banners with it. I chose this one because it's in my price range and for the banner printing.

Who told you, you can't print on banners with a latex printer?

ams

My dealer said you can't use Latex on banners. But if you can, that's good to know.

dj_elite

I cant talk for Versaworks, but I use Flexi and love it. And their customer support is top notch which is key!

HulkSmash

um, i printed 30 banners this morning, and guess what...? didnt have to wait for them to dry to hem and grommet them .

ams

I believe he quoted $35,000 for the Latex printer. Unless it's an expensive one of some kind, but I won't trust HP for signs. I am a die hard Roland fan.

HulkSmash

I believe he quoted $35,000 for the Latex printer. Unless it's an expensive one of some kind, but I won't trust HP for signs. I am a die hard Roland fan.

Ok Seriously? Either you are mistaken, or your supplier is the biggest liar you have come accross.

Latex can't print on banner? Latex is 35k?

The cost of the latex is 13,500, the maintenance is 0. The quality is fantastic. But to each his own

ForgeInc

Dude, run for the hills if your dealer said you can't print on banners with HP latex.

That's just crazy talk.