• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Which transfer tape to use for big print/cut decals? (not brant, the type)

Dennis422

I was wondering which transfer tape to use for big print/cut decals. (Avery 1005/1360DOL combo)
Thinking between 4075RLA and Digimask.
The only problem I have with it, is the Digimask' adhesive strong enough to transfer the cut letters. This is a pretty big 4'x10' decal.

Which one do you prefer?

Thanks

SolitaryT

I've used TransferRite for everything, including transferring big prints. The only issue I have with it, and this would be any mask, is that when used with any sort of 3M comply, the tape doesn't stick to the paper backing after you've weeded anything that's cut out. Means you have to keep the tape close to the print, which isn't always the end desire. Still, I can't think of a better tape for any job. The only time I use a different tape is when I have some rta that the customer will pick up and install themselves. Then I use 3M, and only because it looks professional, not because it actually works better.

Malkin

3M SCPS-55 is the only transfer tape I have found that sticks to air egress liner.

Everything else in the shop gets R-Tape Conform 4075 rla.

(I found digimask to be pretty lo-tack and probably would not lift letters. 4075 is the best choice there unless the vinyl is the air release type)

Dennis422

I ended up using 4075RLA, but it was a pain to take it off after it was installed.
I was installing logos on the truck bed covers (Some kind of a tarp). It would stick a lot to it and it was a pain to remove.

Thanks

Andy D

3M SCPS-55 is the only transfer tape I have found that sticks to air egress liner.

Everything else in the shop gets R-Tape Conform 4075 rla.

(I found digimask to be pretty lo-tack and probably would not lift letters. 4075 is the best choice there unless the vinyl is the air release type)

Us too, except everything else we use Briteline Med. tack, it's a Grimco house brand.