• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Which USB to Parellel to use

Jordan Doty

I obtained an older printer a Roland SC500 and am trying to get it to connect to my computer. I've read that some USB to Parallel cables don't really work. I bought a Sabrent USB to Parallel cable and I'm not getting a connection on any of my ports (I've tried them all). Does any one have any experience with this printer and USB to Parallel cables?

Jordan Doty

Control your software support you Roland SC500?
Yes, I'm using the original ColorChoice that came with the printer. as far as i know everything seems to be working in the software. But it's not communicating with the printer, and my best guess right now is the cable i'm using.. I've researched posts on here and saw some work and some don't but there was no definitive answer to which one actually worked.

timgo

Graphics Designer
What is your Windows version?
You're using the original ColorChoice that came with the old printer!!! Meybe the printer driver not compatible with your Windows.

Try the new version are compitable with your windows.

Or try the trial version os SignLab to test your usb cable. www.cadlink.com

Jordan Doty

What is your Windows version?
You're using the original ColorChoice that came with the old printer!!! Meybe the printer driver not compatible with your Windows.

Try the new version are compitable with your windows.

Or try the trial version os SignLab to test your usb cable. www.cadlink.com

I'll give a shot with signlab see if that works.. As far as ColorChoice, I'm using windows 10 and using a patch made by someone to get it to work on windows 10 with installed drivers and all. it's possible that that could be the issue, i'll see if i get any change with signlab.