• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Which way to go?

rzr2rocket

To draw, trace, or design I'm looking at a Cintiq 21" tablet. I have Corel Draw but I keep hearing that Corel Painter is the tool I need. So to draw racecars, mascots, and cartoon characters would I need a Cintiq 21" tablet and Corel Painter? Is Corel Painter a Vector based program as well. Please share your opinions. Thanks everyone! I have a Wacom Intuos 4 tablet and I hate it. I only used it a handfull of times. It will go up for sale.

WildWestDesigns

To draw, trace, or design I'm looking at a Cintiq 21" tablet. I have Corel Draw but I keep hearing that Corel Painter is the tool I need. So to draw racecars, mascots, and cartoon characters would I need a Cintiq 21" tablet and Corel Painter? Is Corel Painter a Vector based program as well. Please share your opinions. Thanks everyone! I have a Wacom Intuos 4 tablet and I hate it. I only used it a handfull of times. It will go up for sale.

My mom uses the Cintiq tablet for Photoshop and Painter and she really likes it.

Painter is Coral's version of Photoshop. Coral Draw to my knowledge is the only program that they have for vectors. I have Painter X and PSE 7, but I have never used Painter and I rarely use PSE 7 except to crop images and that's it. All of my work is done in Illustrator or Creative DRAWings.

round man

If you want to trace logo's and designs for vector output coreldraw works quite well with a digital tablet.