• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Which would u suggest? Mimaki JFX200-2513EX or Epson V7000

latmar

Hi guys,
I'm currently using a UJF6042MKII and Mutoh 426UF. Thoroughly looking for flatbed as an upgrade to these machines since we want to print larger sized signages. Currently the only 2 model i am considering are the Mimaki JFX200-2513EX and the new Epson V7000.
Price wise, they are relatively close , so the basis of consideration here is not the price but more on the output quality. I know the JFX200 has this 2.5D feature but I'm sure the V7000 Epson would be able to do this as well by just adding some layers of white ink and varnish to create similar effect.
Anyone here happen to have used these 2 machines before and what would be your take on this?

I'm kinda leaning towards the Epson V7000 but would love to hear from you guys too =)

tmays

I have the JFX-200- 2513 EX... One thing I do not like is the Rasterlink software... Otherwise its a great machine.. It's like using DOS software from the 80's

Chase

New Printers for Christmas!
I have the JFX-200- 2513 EX... One thing I do not like is the Rasterlink software... Otherwise its a great machine.. It's like using DOS software from the 80's
Have you printed any 2.5d prints yet? That looks time consuming but fun results.

What’s maintenance like? I could possibly have 2 weeks without printing from time to time until I find qualified help.

Chase

New Printers for Christmas!
Anyone have more to throw in on these two machines? I’m picking one soon for 1/2” mdo and pvc prints.

Superior_Adam

We ran a JFX200 for 3 years. Great machine. We only upgraded to get more speed. If I had the room I would have just added more JFX200's. Little to no maintenance.

We have gotten the thickness of a 7000 print up to well over 1/32nd of an inch. Acceptable for ADA Tactile, but it can't round the dots off for braille.

JamesLam

In another thread someone suggested looking at Global Garage for used but the stuff is all over the map. A ton of old stuff and quite a bit that looks either neglected or forgotten. Beyond possible cost savings is there any rationale behind looking at used?

I am looking at the Mimaki as well. For an entry level machine it seems to have be a favourite among many.