• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Which X-Rite EyeOne do I need?

mtroup

I've read quite a few threads and since there are so many options I am looking for some clear answers from someone who does this on a regular basis.

My budget is tight and from what I can see one of the original/older devices might do just what I need.

I have FlexiSIGN v8.6v2 and would like to try and create some profiles to make my Mutoh Falcon II Outdoor and Roland VersaCAMM prints match fairly close.

What is the cheapest device I can buy new or used that will accomplish this?

Thanks!
Marty

bigben

I don't remember if Flexisign have a built-in profile maker. If yes, you just need an I1 Basic (around 1000$). If not, you will need I1 profile maker (around 1700$).

I have Caldera rip with easymedia to create my profiles. Unfortunately, I've bought the new I1 basic pro2 witch it not compatible with easymedia until September. But easymedia let me use the spectrometer in the printer (L26500). It's not perfect, but it will work until September.

I would also be interested in this for my Roland.

The answer will depend on which RIP software you are driving the printer through. In the case of Versaworks, you would require a version if the i1 that includes the ability to create CMYK-based ICC profiles.

If you use FlexiSIGN-PRO, choose to use the SAi profile creation module, you can get by with a lower-cost version. Here is the link to the current i1 Product line (it has recently changed to i1 Pro 2 series)

http://www.xrite.com/custom_page.aspx?PageID=323

mtroup

I have version 8.6 and version 10.5 of FlexiSIGN so I plan on use it's internal profiling software, so by that I believe the i1 Basic Pro would work just fine?

Is there an older version of the same item that might work as well? I've read about the gretag-macbeth eye-one being the same instrument?

I just want to make sure if I make a used purchase that I do not waste my money.

Thanks again

I have version 8.6 and version 10.5 of FlexiSIGN so I plan on use it's internal profiling software, so by that I believe the i1 Basic Pro would work just fine?

Is there an older version of the same item that might work as well? I've read about the gretag-macbeth eye-one being the same instrument?

I just want to make sure if I make a used purchase that I do not waste my money.

Thanks again

IF youi are using FlexiSIGN-Pro's profile creation module for the entire process, any current or older version of the i1 Professional spectrophotometer (including Gretag Macbeth versions) should work. Be aware that the devices should be regularly re-certified by the mfg to ensure accurate readings).

So the i1 publish pro would be required to run with Versaworks?

I'm in the same boat as Charlie J, and am hoping to get going on one of these soon.

(running an XC-540 from VW)

:thankyou:

In the current X-Rite i1 product line offerings, the product you would need is i1 Publish Pro 2 for use with Versaworks.

SightLine

║▌║█║▌│║▌║▌█
Only the most basic i1 Pro is all you need with FlexiSign Pro. We run Flexi Pro 8.6v2 and that is what we use. Production Manager has full profiling built in and native support for the i1 Pro device. Realistically all you need is the actual i1 Pro device (and it's little cradle with the white calibration dot) itself but the tray bit for scanning the swatches in a straight line is extremley helpful.

rfulford

If you have profiling built into your rip then all you need is the spectrophotometer. If buying a used 1st generation Eye-One, I would check with your rip manufacturer and see if you need the UV Cut version or not. This all depends on whether your rip's built in profiling can compensate for optical brighteners or not. The Eye-One 2 only comes in 1 version that can perform UV or unfiltered measurements so you do not have to worry about this.

If you do not have the profiling module in your rip, you will have to go with the Eye-One 2 / Publisher bundle since this is the only bundle that currently profiles CMYK. I like to use Chromix for my color management purchases. They are very knowledgeable and will help you choose the best package.

scuba_steve2699

Versaworks does not have a profiling software built into it. You will need either the iOne publish pro package or the iOne publish pro2 package. I have the older model and it works fine. You will need the profile creator program that comes with it though.