• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

White back removable window graphic

Can you guys recommend a removable white back window graphic matte finish that won't leave glue after removal and isn't crazy expensive?

We are installing these windows with rapid tack application fluid, will that leave glue behind since its a formula? Can you guys let me know if you have a material that works with this liquid that has a clean removal?

I have yet to install static cling panels that size, since we are in south florida and the weather conditions can go from really hot to cool will the oversize clings stretch with weather conditions and cause it to fall since its a heavy panel?

WYLDGFI

Merchant Member
I know Avery has the 2921 air egress removable vinyl....printable anyway. Not sure how it reacts to your rapid tack...but its air egress so you may not need it unless you are trying to improve adhesion? Its a clear adhesive on that FYI.

Pewter0000

Graphic Design | Production
Yeah all the solvent base rolls are way too expensive and they are 100 ft. I do prefer dry application however no air bubbles can appear. Have any of you used briteline?

https://www.grimco.com/Catalog/Products/BritelineDurationIM3202IM3204

We use Briteline occasionally, and it's fine enough - but we generally use it for very temp or somewhat cheaper jobs. It would probably leave residue though, and the stuff we use is not egress.

You're putting up fairly large panels on glass, and it has to stay up a year, but also can't leave residue, right? There're reposition-able vinyls (one comes to mind, Seal's Easy Dot) that might help with the residue aspect. We didn't particularly like the Easy Dot for walls (not so resposition-able...), but we stuck some snowflakes and silly things on our windows here and they stayed quite well, and didn't leave anything. It also comes in opaque or a printable etchy-looking style.

Wow, I sound like Seal rep lol. We don't particularly like the material, but I can't deny it worked decent on glass. The edge wanted to curl a bit though so if it's possible to avoid printing near the edge it might be even better.

We use Seal Easy Dot quite a lot - it's easy to install and removes cleanly. Our shop runs it on a Vutek UV curable printer so we print image all the way to the edges without any curling problems - not sure how it responds to solvent or latex inks. Seal doesn't recommend the Easy Dot for outdoor applications, but we've not had any problems with it - as long as it's inside of window frame I don't think it would ever be a problem, I think that if water can easily run behind it that would be where the failure would come into play.

Pewter0000

Graphic Design | Production
We use Seal Easy Dot quite a lot - it's easy to install and removes cleanly. Our shop runs it on a Vutek UV curable printer so we print image all the way to the edges without any curling problems - not sure how it responds to solvent or latex inks. Seal doesn't recommend the Easy Dot for outdoor applications, but we've not had any problems with it - as long as it's inside of window frame I don't think it would ever be a problem, I think that if water can easily run behind it that would be where the failure would come into play.

Yeah, we've used it with the Eco-Sols with varying curly and non-curly results.

Also YES should have mentioned that too - ours were interior, not sure what OPs project is but I agree, I can't imagine it working outside.

eahicks

Magna Cum Laude - School of Hard Knocks
General Formulations 202 should work as well...low tack removable. And I think it's matte finish.