• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

White Box around Vector Effects

thewvsignguy

Running Flexi 10.5 on a new(er) computer, fresh install of Win 7 and flexi.

Since Flexi has been running on this newer system, specifically the transparent shadow over any object/s prints a White box instead of what's under it.

Now on this new system flexi asks to raster the image before sending. Does not matter about the resolution, the end results are the same. Never had to do that on the old setup, is there a setting I missed. All art that is being sent is vector, looks fine in production manager too.

I've attached a picture to better explain the issue. Yes I can just flatten the image but curious why it's doing this on the new computer.

Attachments

• 20151204_152308_resized.jpg
    20151204_152308_resized.jpg
    39.8 KB · Views: 163

appstro

Yep I was just going to say that the image is part raster and part vector. It's a transparency issue for sure. I rasterize everything before printing if it has drop shadows and the like. Looks clean and no "UH OH's"..

thewvsignguy

set rendering intents the same for both raster and vector in the RIP - the shadow is actually raster and not vector.

on the bitmap option under rendering intents it's grayed out, text and vectors are the same intents.

What am I missing..

Thanks for the replies.