• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

White ink not printing- Mutoh ValueJet 426UF

Charlotte Pugh

Hi all!

I recently moved to a new location and my Mutoh ValueJet 426UF is not printing in white. It prints all other colors just fine. I also am noticing that the printer is saying ink low when the cartridges are still pretty full. In addition, the waste ink tank will not empty. I would appreciate any help!

Thanks,
Charlotte

Ronny Axelsson

I have a VJ 626UF and have lost a color a couple of times after switching from totally empty to new cartridge.
Not sure why but I suspect air had somehow got inte the system, or possibly that the last ink in the cartridge had become viscous and clogged the head.
Unfortunately, the only way I've found to fix it has been to do an "initial charge", which consumes a crazy amount of ink.

Does it say that all cartridges are low on ink, or is it just the white?
If white only, there may be something wrong and it may also explain why it doesn't print. Try a fresh cartridge.
Sounds strange if it is the same for all, because my experience is the opposite, that it indicates they are half full when they are in fact almost empty.

Regarding not being able to empty the waste tank, it could of course be that old ink has clogged the outlet, but I also suspect there may be a crease on the drain hose.
Not sure the 426 has exactly the same system but on the 626 there is a slot where the hose is supposed to be fixed inside the printer, and if the hose isn't secured in that slot, it may fold and stop ink from flowing.
Has happened to me.
On the 626 it is pretty easy to remove the cover and check the hose and waste tank and I suppose it should be rather easy on the 426 too.