• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

White not printing in design

Splash0321

Professional Amateur
Im still teaching myself how to use this HP700W and have success most of the time. Today's problem was that I have white text along with other text of various colors that I want to print on black vinyl and then cut out around it on the graphtec. I am using the newest version of flexi. It will not print the white text but will print the other colors in the design just fine. So it lays down the white and prints color on top but the text that is just white doesnt print at all. Im using the same ICC profile that I use every (white underflood) day but this particular design is just giving me a hard time. 95% of what I do is on matte black vinyl and I havnt ran into this problem before. I also imported another design that contains white lines and tried printing that design alongside the white text and it will print the imported design but not the white text. What am I missing? Its got to be something easy. I have messed with the "white type" settings (spot color, substrate color, fill color, under color, variable color) and it yields the same result for this white text regardless of settings.

Any input would be greatly appreciated.

Boudica

Back to "educational purposes"
are you getting the white from your file (spot color) , or just in your rip?

jfiscus

Rap Master
The file has to be set up correctly as overprints & the correct spot color that your machine recognizes. It also can't do overprints/spot colors with transparency.
The RIP also has to be using the correct color profile that includes the use of Spot White.