• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Wholesale providers

10sacer

Just a polling of opinions from those of you that utilize these services...

What are the attributes that you look for when searching and settling on a wholesale print provider. I don't need individual recommendations - such as Merritt - I know the merchants here and Merritt has a solid reputation. What I am asking is when those of you that were searching settled on a provider - what were the deciding factors that made you feel comfortable enough to use them?

Obviously pricing is a key factor since the lower you can buy it for equals the ability to make more profit - but I feel there has to be more to it than that.

Thanks

Pat Whatley

Pricing - got to be low enough for me to make money and high enough for them to make money

Production time - I demand timely service and making promised deadlines. Sure, if a supplier misses a promised production date every now and then I don't sweat it, things happen, but they'd better be on time more than they're not.

Quality - I like suppliers I trust enough to let drop ship the end products. Several times over the years I've gotten in email orders while i was on vacation, designed them and sent them to suppliers who blind drop shipped the finished product without me every laying eyes on it.

Knowledge - I appreciate it tremendously when I call with a question and can actually get an answer...of when I call to order something and the person on the phone knows enough about their products to suggest a better way.

1leonchen

great price + excellent customer service = repetitive customer

some people rather pay a little extra if they fell as if they are treated with respect and getting a great product

TheSnowman

Reputation. I use the same people because the people before me gave them good reviews, and I haven't had any issues either. If you have a good reputation with most people, that other stuff generally falls in line. If they don't...then one of those key things Pat mentioned is probably missing.