• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

wholesale vs contract pricing?

2B

What is the difference between the two?

it seems the term "contract" is used more for Screen Printing, but why is it termed differently?

is there different aspects to these two terms, advantages/disadvantages for each term?

Locals Find!

What is the difference between the two?

it seems the term "contract" is used more for Screen Printing, but why is it termed differently?

is there different aspects to these two terms, advantages/disadvantages for each term?

I have always viewed the term wholesale pricing in relation to an actual product like a blank t-shirt etc.

The term contract pricing I have always viewed as related to a service that may or may not include the substrate. Like with screenprinting I used to contract out a lot of my own stock to just be printed. The company didn't provide the product just the service.

This is just my opinion on that matter and I may be totally off base.

WildWestDesigns

To me, contract pricing has always been, I agree to do say 20 orders with so many items per order and the other party agrees to do it for X amount per order. That could be with or without the substrate included.

Wholesale pricing doesn't really look beyond the current order. Here are your break downs for your order and it's the same rather you order 1 or order 20 times.