• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Wholesale Window Tinting??

Hello Everyone,

I have a client whose vehicles we're wrapping - he also wants his windows tinted.

Can anyone recommend a company that can provide wholesale rates for tinting in the Northern Virginia/Maryland/DC area?

Thank You,
Joe

mountaingraphic

If your doing wraps then tint it yourself..Keep the money in house..Granted a roll of good tint is gonna cost ya a cppl hundred but call up the company tell them your interested in getting started in tinting. They will ask you about your business..blah blah tell them that you would like a sample of x% and they will send you a roll of around 20feet or so...Have fun learning to tint while getting paid

WrapperX

Vehicle window tinting is not the same basket as store front window tint. If you're new to tinting - don't think that you can just jump into it and start whipping out car tints. It's a much more complicated process. For one - you have to remove interior door panels to access the windows properly. This gets easier with every car that you do, but each car has it's little quirks about getting the panels off. The right tools are suggested to properly remove the panels so you have the investment in the automotive tools to do that. Then start thinking about the rear windows. Think about the amount of working room - the amount of room you have to do the work in. It's a very tight space and a very awkward angle most time to do these back windows. Then after you have thought about all that - start practicing your technique on flat windows - like store fronts and such - so that you can master the ability to lay it down flat and get all of the application fluid out and leave no bubbles. It's not like vinyl where you can just pop the air bubble and squeege the air out. That little hole is gonna let light in and on a tint it's gonna show up.

I'm not saying don't do it yourself - I'm saying THINK LONG AND HARD about it before you do it yourself. I have thought about it. And I would just as soon leave it up to those who do it currently.

sghobbies

For one - you have to remove interior door panels to access the windows properly..

WOW! I've been tinting for 18 years, but I've never removed door panels to tint before. I have removed some rear decks because the carpet was so thick though.

strypguy

I've been professionally tinting with 3M products for over 16 years.
It's not something your going to learn over night and have it turn out "like it should". Unless you are real lucky.

Sub it out to a professional if you are looking for professional results.

John

Last edited:

WrapperX

WOW! I've been tinting for 18 years, but I've never removed door panels to tint before. I have removed some rear decks because the carpet was so thick though.

This is what I've been told so that you can get all of the window correctly - Like I said - I've thought about it and was mildly interested in expanind my skills but then I decided that I wasn't THAT interested.