• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

why does this happen sometimes but not all the time?

gabagoo

This is a real minor question but I am curious why my software does it. I have Coreldraw9 in my main computer and I simply use it for opening eps and ai files and then re exporting them as eps files so that my signlab5 can open them. This is generally because newer eps file created from illustrator no longer open in signlab5. Now the newer illustrator eps files do not import into my Corel9 as they have masks on them. So I go to my printer comp and open it into flexi over the network and re export it as an eps file and then import into Corel9 and then export it as an eps file and all so signlab5 can open the file. It only takes a minute so I am not bothered by it. The question is this.... When I import the eps file into Corel and then re-export it with the same name it either asks me if I want to overwrite the file or it does not and puts underscores in the file name. This morning I sent two files from flexi and went through my proceedure. Both files were eps and both had masks. I deleted the masks and sent both back and did the Corel import / export thingy and one file overwrote and the other put the underscores. How does Corel take two files the same and treat them both differently? like I said not an important question but I am just wondering.