• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Why is my FC8000 creating this offset cut path?

blacknbart

So I have been battling trying to figure how to keep this from happening. Please look over my two photos that I have attached. These were both from a very short runs and they both were off in the X direction. The Y direction looks dead on and is not a concern. Here is my equipment stats Onyx 10.1 rip, HP LP25500 Latex printer, FC8000-60 cutter ( Settings for this job are Condition: 3 Slot three .75+/- Mark size. I have tried doing Mark Scans as well Sensor readings and adjustments, but having been successful of ridding of this problem. Any pointers? I have also double check artwork and die line to make sure they were not skewed prior to printing.

Attachments

• fc8000offsetcut1.jpg
    fc8000offsetcut1.jpg
    132.9 KB · Views: 147
  • fc8000offsetcut2.jpg
    fc8000offsetcut2.jpg
    116.5 KB · Views: 151

eahicks

Magna Cum Laude - School of Hard Knocks
You use bomb sight or manual for registration? With 4 point reg marks?

eahicks

Magna Cum Laude - School of Hard Knocks
Oh just reread your original post....you use Type 1 or 2 marks then....I NEVER had success with those and only use 4 point and bomb sight.

blacknbart

Both my Auto Read Marks and Manual Read Marks are not activated with in the ARMs.

So when I'm on the FC8000 onboard computer with in the 2 ARMS Setting profile I've notice and never question why I can't activate [1] Auto Read Marks and [2] Manual Read Marks. Both numbers are not highlighted like the the other numbers 3 and 4 therefore I can not use them. Why is that? Do I have some settings off?

phototec

So I have been battling trying to figure how to keep this from happening. Please look over my two photos that I have attached. These were both from a very short runs and they both were off in the X direction. The Y direction looks dead on and is not a concern. Here is my equipment stats Onyx 10.1 rip, HP LP25500 Latex printer, FC8000-60 cutter ( Settings for this job are Condition: 3 Slot three .75+/- Mark size. I have tried doing Mark Scans as well Sensor readings and adjustments, but having been successful of ridding of this problem. Any pointers? I have also double check artwork and die line to make sure they were not skewed prior to printing.

I don't know the REAL fix with your system and plotter, I do know HOW I would fix the issue so I could complete the job (work-around).

Use a loupe (magnifying glass) with a scale built-in (see below) or a regular loupe over a engineering scale (has many small graduations), and measure how far off the cut line is.

Then open the art file and move the cut line the same amount as you measured, in other words, move (offset) the cut line towards the front the exact distance it's off in the photos you showed.

Then when you go to cut the cut lines, you will fool the plotter into cutting the lines the PERFECT distance from both the front and back.

Again, you must precisely measure how much the cut line is off, then make a correction, moving only the cut line in the artwork the measured distance towards the front, leave the artwork and registration marks as they were (don't move them).

:thumb:

Attachments

• measuring_loupe_plus_scale7x.jpg
    measuring_loupe_plus_scale7x.jpg
    123.8 KB · Views: 91
  • $T2eC16VHJFwFFZ8-qQ9eBSEejJNQIQ~~60_3.jpg
    $T2eC16VHJFwFFZ8-qQ9eBSEejJNQIQ~~60_3.jpg
    23.6 KB · Views: 84
  • $(KGrHqJ,!lQFH4BMi(Y2BSEejQMW8!~~60_3.jpg
    $(KGrHqJ,!lQFH4BMi(Y2BSEejQMW8!~~60_3.jpg
    63.4 KB · Views: 89

phototec

I don't know the REAL fix with your system and plotter, I do know HOW I would fix the issue so I could complete the job (work-around).

Use a loupe (magnifying glass) with a scale built-in (see below) or a regular loupe over a engineering scale (has many small graduations), and measure how far off the cut line is off.

Then open the art file and move the cut line the same amount as you measured, in other words, move (offset) the cut line towards the front the exact distance it's off in the photos you showed.

Then when you go to cut the cut lines, you will fool the plotter into cutting the lines in a PERFECT distance from both the front and back.

Again, you must precisely measure how much the cut line is off, then make a correction, moving only the cut line in the artwork the measured distance towards the front, leave the artwork and registration marks as they were (don't move them).

:thumb:

blacknbart

I'll try the reset to Deflaut also man o man Pen Loupe's are $$$!

@ Bikecomedy I've set my machine back to deflaut a couple times I will have to try it again. I am very curious why I can't activate those features.

$193 for a Pen Loupe!!! Is this what you are are using? PHP61-Pen Loupe? I'll buy if it's I have to use it all time to make sure my jobs are lined up.

blacknbart

Well default didn't change a thing.

Hmmm Changing back to Default setting didn't change a thing. I also changed the command around from GP-GL to HP-GL and back again. No change. The picture attached is what I see on my control panel. #1 and 2 is not activated. Looking thru the FC8000 Manual Page 5-36 I would like to try MANUAL READ MARKs, but I can't with my current situation. How do I fix this?

Since I just switched back to ''Default Settings" should I load on the FcC8000 Firmware back on?

Attachments

• FC8000 control panelARMS.jpg
    FC8000 control panelARMS.jpg
    238.6 KB · Views: 94

JBarraxSW

Not familiar with Onyx, but using FlexiPro, we select the registration marks from the software, not the plotter. If you have a level of Onyx that supports contour-cutting, try selecting the registration marks in the RIP. Graphtec Type 1 Automatic or Type 2 automatic.

blacknbart

Onyx isn't that cool when it comes to cutting.

When I just wanna cut regular non printed vinyl I go direct from Illustrator/ Cutting Master2 because Onyx isn't user friendly. I've been using Onyx 10.1 because we have been using it for our printing RIP for years. We've also been using it to create decals 1 to 1000 easily with out having to do all the work in illustrator. Also in Onyx you don't get a choice of best possible nesting and Reg Marks configurations. Flexi interface looks like Cutting Master 2 or 3 from the video I just watched. You definitely can;t choose reg marks in Onyx!