• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Why is my Mutoh 1324 doing this?

kyprinter

HELP!! Why is my printer doing this????

Attachments

• 09C7B049-9BDA-4B6E-9ADB-8E44FFD840AF.jpeg
    09C7B049-9BDA-4B6E-9ADB-8E44FFD840AF.jpeg
    1.7 MB · Views: 205

Joe House

Likely a dirty encoder, but something could be slipping - check the belt tension if it still happens after you clean the encoder strip.

Solventinkjet

DIY Printer Fixing Guide
I had a customer have the same issue recently. He turned of the, "RIP While Printing" option and the problem went away. Not sure why to be honest.

GAC05

Quit buggin' me
If none of those things work try cleaning up your RIP queue and then re-ripping the file.
I've run into that before running a Mutoh with Flexi 12 and I think that is what fixed it for me.

GAC05

Quit buggin' me
If you have a bunch of layouts in your 'hold after print' panel get rid of them. Find your temp files for the rip and delete anything over a year old (or all of them).
You could also rasterize the layout and send it to the RIP as a JPEG with zero compression.
Your photo shows the same error in both copies of the file - if it was a dirty encoder or slippage it would not repeat in exactly the same way.
Has to be something in the way the file was ripped or is being read by the printer.

kyprinter

I have run 6 different prints of the same design and its "skipping" in the exact same place. Its also "skipping" on other designs as well, right towards the end of the print.

kyprinter

I've cleaned the decoder strip. I've turned off RIP while printing. I've cleaned RIP queue, and holds. I've deleted tmp files. Any my tiling is factory set. Its still doing the skipping at the end of the printing. HELP! I'm so far behind after this week!

Solventinkjet

DIY Printer Fixing Guide
Do you have another computer you could try to print from? If the same thing happens with a completely different computer and RIP, unfortunately it could be a malfunctioning main board. Something isn't being processed correctly by the CPU essentially. Maybe there is another possibility but to me it seems to be heading that way.