• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Why is my production manager timing out..

johnny_loves_amy

I try to open my production manager and it keeps saying "Connection to production manager timeout". I don't know what's going on and I have a job to complete tonight.. Can someone please help me? I am truely at my wits end.. Thanks in advance to everyone who tries to help.. God Bless!!!

Barber

I had a similar problem. You can try to do a new setup in Production Manager. Go to Production Manager go to setup and add setup then make active. Good Luck.

Assuming that you are accessing PM from Flexi, here is what to do:

Locate the Preferences dialog. Depending on your workspace settings, this may be under the Tools or Edit Menu, or elsewhere.

In the Preferences dialog, click on the Tools Tab at the top. Scroll down the vertical list, to 'RIP and Print. Here, look for a checkbox called 'Connect to local Production Manager using TCP/IP', and change the property in the checkbox (if it's checked, clear it and vice versa). Click OK to close the dialog. Close Flexi, and then restart it. You should be good to go.

Note that this will not have any effect on your network settings, or protocols being used. It only changes how Flexi and PM communicate with each other.

Bob

P

ProWraps™

as mentioned above. i would scrub it guys. reinstall and re-set up your printer or device. its faster than trying to figure out what is wrong with the problem, and should fix it. something probably got corrupt. can you say D-L-L files kiddies? if it doesnt, then go up the chain.... OS.. Hardware.. etc.

Drip Dry

I'm pretty sure Bob Price has the right solution, but if that doesn't
work, then I suggest that you do a "clear preferences" before reinstalling.

Clear preferences cures a lot of problems. You will have to reset your preferences, such as where your files are kept and how your selection tool works. You will also need to setup a new cutter setting. ( and then you need to do Bob's fix)

zgraphics

try to restart your computer and open the production manager from the desktop and then open the flexi program maybe this might work..

DRamm76

See if this helps...

If this starts after you just install the program, check for an icon for the Production Manager on your desktop and also check if it listed under the Start menu, Programs, and Flexi or PhotoPrint. If it is not, the Production Manager did not get installed. To install the Production Manager put in the Flexi installation CD and when you are asked which components you want to install, make sure that just Production Manager is selected.

If the Production Manager is installed and you are having problems connecting to it, in the program, go to the Edit menu, Preferences, select the Tools tab, click Cut/Plot (Flexi) or RIP/Print (PhotoPrint), and deselect Connect to local Production Manager using TCP/IP

Biker Scout

It's trying to verify your serial number, off the SAi website database, to make sure you have a legit copy. I'd start checking with your internet connection. It only needs to connect for a few seconds. Then you can just leave PM open if you have to disconnect from the internet from that machine for whatever reason.

Even if it can't verify your S/N it will run for a few minutes, up to 15, if I remember correctly, until it times out enough. Then it just shuts down, middle of Printing/RIP etc... Yeah, I ruined a few banners before I figured out what was going on.