• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Why We Longer Use LG Vinyl

westpointsigns

All of these are LG 6000 6-7 year calendared. The orange and white are 2 years old and the silver is about 1-1/2 years old.

Attachments

• DSCN3192.jpg
    DSCN3192.jpg
    55 KB · Views: 103
  • DSCN3191.jpg
    DSCN3191.jpg
    24.5 KB · Views: 52
  • DSCN3190.jpg
    DSCN3190.jpg
    59.2 KB · Views: 67
  • DSCN3189.jpg
    DSCN3189.jpg
    63.9 KB · Views: 67
  • DSCN3188.jpg
    DSCN3188.jpg
    58.6 KB · Views: 71

signguy 55

Didn't even know LG made vinyl. Thought they made tvs and phones. Find a vendor that does one thing and does it well and stick with them.

I feel for you though, I know it's a bummer.

Pat Whatley

Wow! Things must have changed. We used to use a lot of LG vinyl and never had a problem with it. Glad we switched to Oracal!

Hate it for you, hopefully your supplier is giving you a little help.

petepaz

+1 651 has been a favorite to use,

+2 for me on the 651
the only place i have had some issues with this is on the hood of trucks
(you are fighting the sun and the heat from the engine but i still get about 1.5-2 years out of it before i have to change it. and the customer pays me to replace it)

we had some issues with some LG calandered also and LG rep came in and went through their materials to find one that was right for us but i am getting to the point where the amount you are saving isn't worth the hassle to have a job come back and all the testing you have to do to make sure it works (if it's not broke don't fix it)
if i am going to save a large amount $$$$$ on the material then i will consider it

njshorts

+1 651 has been a favorite to use,

same.

We've got a shop in this plaza that I installed 651 on a bit over 10 years ago. Windows, under an awning- no direct sun, but plenty of heat and dirt from the roads on either side of it. 3 total. From 2' away, still looks new. Up close, it's age is beginning to show... but it amazes me every day. Now that we're in the same plaza, I have to walk past it frequently and pinch myself.

omgsideburns

We use mostly Oracal over here, but even cracks are inevitable on hard corners when the area gets heat cycle a lot, like dark panels and windows.

thinksigns

SnowFlake
I snapped this photo last week. I installed these coming up on 7 years ago. From 12' away, it still looked great. I love 651

Attachments

• hatch.jpg
    hatch.jpg
    46 KB · Views: 55
J

john1

LG vinyl seems like junk to me. I had a piece i got at a trade show and that stuff was like thicker than reflective.

Been using Calendered AVERY vinyl for 6 years now, No issues whatsoever. EVER.

Bigdawg

Just Me
651 for me on virtually everything with a sprinkling of 3M when needed. Will NOT use Avery unless I have to for spec.

The 651 weathers well down here in sunny FL, it shrinks minimally and weeds easy enough... signs I did years ago still look pretty darn good.

Speedsterbeast

Sorry if this a hijack. I'm not sure...

I have always used 751 for vehicle graphics and use 651 for signs, windows etc.

Do a lot of people use 651 for vehicles?

tomence

Since i started i never bought anything else but Oracal. The best vinyl on the martker so far for me.