• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Why would you do that?

player

When I made electric signs a number of years ago I would tell them I would reuse the face, but charge them for new, and use new plexi...

I wonder if you said "Yes we will reuse the back of the sign" then gave then the price you would have if they would have bought it from you...

I'm not sure what amazes more lately, the hack shops and what they do or the cheap customers.

We recently had a restaurant call wanting "big, unique ILLUMINATED signage that will get attention from over a block away" signage on three sides of the building. When I went to meet the guy he told me with a straight face he was willing to spend up to $1,000.00 for all the signage. There is nothing there, not even his name in vinyl on the front door.

He can't understand why no sign shop will call him back.

FS-Keith

any reason you didnt quote to reskin the face. Looks like you could prob have popped the letters off and glued or screwed a skin over top and it would have looked good enough for this guy.

SignProPlus-Chip

Keith,

We credited him for the reuse of the HDU. We made the previous sign and wanted to hang it in the shop. Someone else came along and did it cheaper, as well, they did not approach the fabrication properly either.

any reason you didnt quote to reskin the face. Looks like you could prob have popped the letters off and glued or screwed a skin over top and it would have looked good enough for this guy.

GB2

Old Member
I completely agree with you. I think what they did is absurd, especially considering that the new sign would've been nice if done properly but now it looks like a hideous display of "I'll do anything for a buck". You can't win them all, and in this case, it appears that you really didn't want to win it anyway.

jtcollins

Everyone, this is not about comparing designs. This is about a client going with the lowest bidder.

We told him we could not reuse the board, but would still credit him for the substrate because we wanted the old sign in the shop as a prismatic sample.

When whoever made the sign blasted it, they used the back of our sign, blasted through and exposed the internal steel support. I would have never let something like that go out my door. And the old front side is now the back. The prismatic letters were removed, but you can still clearly read "VERITAS" when walking out of the restaurant...didn't' even bother to cover it.

IMO a shameful example of workmanship....but then again, with some people it just doesn't matter as long as you make a buck or save a buck.

I hate slapdash, I want to save a buck jobs like this. It slowly destroys the local market.

I lost it at "Mentally Unstable Capuchin Monkeys" Sorry about the molestation of your sign, stupid move to save a buck, but thanks for the laugh