• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Wide screen monitor

Mike V. Florida

OK I can't be the first to have this happen and I searched the forum for the answer but here it goes.

I just upgraded to a flat screen monitor replacing my old 25" tube monitor. (I know, I know, what took you so long?) Now my circles are no longer round what do I need to do?:frustrated:

MatthewTimothy

adjust resolution in your settings or gpu. I would also look into a monitor calibration kit and learn how to adjust your settings. If you are not running a workstation GPU i would look into this as well.

TyrantDesigner

Art! Hot and fresh.
adjust resolution in your settings or gpu. I would also look into a monitor calibration kit and learn how to adjust your settings. If you are not running a workstation GPU i would look into this as well.

+1

Also, your monitor should tell you what aspect ratio is ideal for that monitor in the manual or at the least the companies support website.

Now ... if you only have an onboard graphics card, you should look into a decent after market graphics card, the thing to look for in a general use graphics card will be a decent amount of ram, and the chipset ... really it comes down to 2 different companies products (nVidia geforce and ati radeon chipsets) this comes down to personal preference (same as the amd vs intel preference) but just do your research and you should be fine.

The Vector Doctor

Chief Bezier Manipulator
Maybe you have an old graphics card that does not support wide screen aspect ratios. So it is stretching a regular aspect ratio to fit your wide screen

oldgoatroper

Roper of Goats. Old ones.
Look in the specs of your new monitor for its NATIVE RESOLUTION.

This will probably be something like 1920x1080 (16:9) or 1920x1200 (16:10) or something like that. Go into the video card settings and set your screen size to the native resolution of the monitor. Done.

If, when setting your screen size, there is no option that matches the native resolution of your new monitor, then search for drivers for this monitor -- may be on a CD that comes with the monitor or you might have to get it online.

As Eric mentioned, your video card (onboard or seperate) needs to be able to support the screensize that matches the native resolution of the new monitor.

Avoid using a screensize that does not match the native resolution of the new monitor.