• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Wilcom Embroidery Font

binki

I am guessing this is a Wilcom embroidery font. Any idea on the equivalent font for both the Chapter and American?

Attachments

• lettering al.jpg
    lettering al.jpg
    459 KB · Views: 230

WildWestDesigns

I am guessing this is a Wilcom embroidery font. Any idea on the equivalent font for both the Chapter and American?

It's not in any of the standard fonts that I have for Wilcom. It may be a 3rd party created ESA font for Wilcom software (unless it could be a retired ESA font). Or it could be for any of the dedicated lettering/monogramming software out there that have their own selections or even a Pulse font.

binki

I think I am going to use Bookman as a donor font and just make the adjustments. Thanks for the help.

WildWestDesigns

What do you use for digitizing software? Does it allow for saving EPS files and does it also have good vector tools?

If you dont need to have any other copy then that original work, could use the embroidery software to trace over.

I mention using embroidery software versus something like the bezier pen tool in Ai or DRAW, because they tend to be (atleast with Wilcom) far quicker with tracing then vector programs l. Sounds strange, but it makes since since in digitizing copying a source file is what 95% of the jobs are. Also depending on how much tweaking using a close enough font may need as well.

Just may be easier to do it that way.

binki

When we first got into embroidery we were supplied Wings Experience from Mesa. We have the pro version now but not the latest version. I would have preferred Wilcom but now the price is just too much since I have spent over 10 years in this one.

That is what I am doing, tracing the letters I have and using bookman bold and adjusting for the letters I don't have in the sample patch I recieved.

The thing that I scratch my head over, I produced the artwork to match the governing bodys official artwork but the locals are going with something that they purchased online even though it isn't nearly as nice.