• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Willow vector

James Burke

Being a grandpa is more fun than working
Last edited:

James Burke

I'd go for DM297, nothing better than a bit of levity on the day you're burying a loved one.

In a way, we (as a society) have significantly "turned the corner" from the morbid symbolism that was once used on older memorials. Instead of the dread and gloom of death, we can be encouraged by porcelain portraits and lasered scenery of just about every sort.

Some European countries flaunted skulls, bones and the like on their stones. We here in the US have seemed to embrace more sophisticated elements such as draped urns, willows, and other poetic images and euphemisms.

JB

James Burke

Obviously, a little bit of humor known as levity. As of late, American culture has taken a lighter approach to death and dying...which is inevitable...and I'm 100% ok with that.

JB

lev·i·ty /ˈlevədē/
noun
  1. humor or frivolity, especially the treatment of a serious matter with humor or in a manner lacking due respect.

Untitled-1.jpg

Last edited:

Ricsy84

Ca
Obviously, a little bit of humor known as levity. As of late, American culture has taken a lighter approach to death and dying...which is inevitable...and I'm 100% ok with that.

JB

lev·i·ty /ˈlevədē/
noun
  1. humor or frivolity, especially the treatment of a serious matter with humor or in a manner lacking due respect.

View attachment 150618
Can get a link to this files?Thanks Brother..