• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

win 7 using graphtec 2100-60a and flexipro 11

easystar

does anyone know if windows 7 supports graphtec 2100-60a cutter using flexipro 11. I know it does with win xp, not sure if it will
work with windows 7. any help will be appreciated.

does anyone know if windows 7 supports graphtec 2100-60a cutter using flexipro 11. I know it does with win xp, not sure if it will
work with windows 7. any help will be appreciated.
A Few tips. I found that operating system is not the limitation. These are the problems I had to overcome.

1) I had trouble installing Flexi 11 since the activation server has been discontinued (to my knowledge). If you have been successful in installing it then its awesome.

2) FC 2100-60a needs a Graphtec serial cable. A stock 9pin serial to 25 pin serial cable will not work. You can buy the cable from Graphtec or have one made. Attached is the wiring diagram.

3) If you are using an USB-to-serial adapter, NOT all USB-to-serial adapters work for this. Buy a few different brands and try each one.

4) Use the COM# for the serial port in Device Manager in Flexi.

5) In the Production Manager, while the plotter is selected, click on Setup in the menu and click on Test Cut while the plotter setup is completed. If the plotter cuts, then all is good.

I can help if you need more info to get it working.

Attachments

• Graphtec serial wiring.JPG
    Graphtec serial wiring.JPG
    20.6 KB · Views: 90
Last edited:

easystar

A Few tips. I found that operating system is not the limitation. These are the problems I had to overcome.

1) I had trouble installing Flexi 11 since the activation server has been discontinued (to my knowledge). If you have been successful in installing it then its awesome.

2) FC 2100-60a needs a Graphtec serial cable. A stock 9pin serial to 25 pin serial cable will not work. You can buy the cable from Graphtec or have one made. Attached is the wiring diagram.

3) If you are using an USB-to-serial adapter, NOT all USB-to-serial adapters work for this. Buy a few different brands and try each one.

4) Use the COM# for the serial port in Device Manager in Flexi.

5) In the Production Manager, while the plotter is selected, click on Setup in the menu and click on Test Cut while the plotter setup is completed. If the plotter cuts, then all is good.

I can help if you need more info to get it working.

Thanks to everyone who took the time to help me answer this question. I am happy to say today Mike (tech person) reached out to me. We hope to short this matter out. He is in as many words is saying the same thing here and is trying to send me the info I need to take the next step.
thank you everyone for sharing your experience with me, I feel this issue will be resolved sooner than later!! Alex

easystar

Which communication port is being used there? Flexi 11 works on Windows 7 without problem.
Thanks for responding to my question. I am using both win 7 and XP. My cutter however is connected to serial port (25 pin to 9 pin adapter) on windows XP and works perfectly fine, just not sure about win 7 should I want to use it for our FC 2100-60a.

easystar

Which communication port is being used there? Flexi 11 works on Windows 7 without problem.
Hi Jim
Finally have another XP running after my first one calfed. I have it connected from the original cable from my graphtec 2100-60 cutter, converted by an adapter that has a usb connector at the other end connected to my new XP desktop and it works perfectly fine. So I started thinking...if it works with a usb port on XP, it should work if I plug the usb end into a windows 7 port ( plan B). I have both XP and Win 7 sharing each other and my cutter does work with XP alone and thru windows 7 with TCP (that 192.10.10.5) using Flexipro 11.

Plan B using windows 7 alone opens production manager and "vola" my cut job is there ready for cutting. I am asked what port to use by right clicking the cutter icon in production manager where it lists com 1 to 4, or graphtec to usb and some ports I don't recognize. So I go through each one and in every case, as soon as I "poll" or simply press "send" I get the "cannot open port" error and so it goes each time through all the options available. What I don't understand is, I can reconnect the usb end to xp and it works just fine through both computers, but not with wins 7 alone. Can you help me understand what is going on?

Thanks for all your good advice...looking forward to some more!