• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Window Cling, which media type setting should I print from Roland Versaworks?

VicoDrive

We are using a Roland printer that uses VersaWorks. There are a TON of preset media types to choose from when we print. I am going to print on some clear window cling material but dont see anything in the settings that sound like what I should use to print with. Any thoughts what this might be called?

Last edited:

MtnView

We recently printed on some white with our Roland and the company that sold the media had a profile for that particular media. However, we found out that the eco-solvent ink can scratch off without a lot of effort. I going to try some liquid laminate on some samples to see I can remedy that. I was told by the media seller that eco-solvent inks don't have the bonding capability on that type of material but need to research that a bit.

VicoDrive

I think I found a proper setting for it but this doesnt seem to work too well unless you are only printing black and other super dark colors. Otherwise it comes out looking like faded stained glass. Didnt seem to have any scratching problems though. Going to have to play around with some other materials

goforit14

If using flexi sign you can change the ink output so that the pictures come out darker and more. A glossy laminate would help make the colors pop a bit more.