• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Window Display Suction Cups

GWSigns

We have a client that ordered a PVC sign for in the interior of their window.

They did not want a permanent sign as they "share" locations with other businesses and wanted something they could transport with them.

They have decided they want to hang this sign in the window via suction cups with hooks on the window.

They need something substantial as the sign is 4' x 4' and not exactly light weight.

Today they came by and asked me where they could find suction cups that would be substantial enough to hold the sign - it has three grommets on the top edge.

This is not exactly my idea of fun or would I have ever really suggested this to be done, but now closing the barn door would be futile as the horse is already out.

So, any ideas or directions to go in would be appreciated.

Pat Whatley

I would personally try to talk them into using the 3M Command Adhesive hooks. I love those things, they hold forever, and they can remove them. Ideally they should put them up at each location so all they have to do is move the sign and leave the hooks each time.
http://www.command.com/wps/portal/3...r-Hook?N=5924736+3294545749+3294857497&rt=rud

If not the lever type suction cups work very well too. I've used four of them to hold a 4' x 8' piece of 10mm coro in a window.

http://www.beacongraphics.com/supplies/suction-cups.html

MikePro

local hardware store or WalMart/HomeDepot should have varying levels of suction cup size with an S-hook attached to hang stuff.
I do it all the time with coroplast signs.

if you have something substantial, then increase the amount of suction cups used, and realize it is not a permanent fixture. reapplication randomly over time would be required.

GWSigns

local hardware store or WalMart/HomeDepot should have varying levels of suction cup size with an S-hook attached to hang stuff.

Thanks MikePro - They tried some from Walmart, but the issue was the hooks were too large to fit in the grommets - or so they tell me - I was all over the internet yesterday looking for some with metal hooks (that is what they said they wanted) and could only find 1 1/2" diameter suction cups - it would take an army of that size to work - so I turned here for some help.

I passed on the info to the customer and they now think I am a rock star! :rock-n-roll: