• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Window Graphics - Pricing Question

vroongraphics

Hi. I recently was asked to provide a quote for a return client. I need to provide a quote for installing MacTac frosted glass film (14 yards!) onto glass for a conference room. There are intermediate graphics which need to be cut, weeded and transfer taped, and there are 10 sections. I calculated the cost for materials to be at/around $500 and am not sure about how long it will take. I figure 16 hours (give myself two days in case of problems with install). There will be 1.5 hours of travel each way (about 210 km return). Lastly, the dimensions of the project are 14 yards wide (in 10 diff. sections) by 33 inches high.

I am thinking materials x 3.5
labour x (shop rate/hour)
travel (flat rate at 0.52 per km)

My calculation would make this job quotable at near $2700.00

Does this sound right? (I have never priced like this before, nor done a job like this before). Am I missing anything?

Anyone's experience and words of advice are very much appreciated.

SurfaceSigns

That works out to $21.42 a square foot. It seems a bit high to me, but you are in a smaller market with less competition. 16 hours to install 126 sqft seems long as well, but without more info on the install it's hard to say.

I'd be under $2000 for this. Like I said though, you are in a smaller market.

vroongraphics

Yes, I was recalculating my hours and came in lower....I was originally factoring in "mistakes" that could cost me time (travel to and from location)...but after more research, found that I should be okay with a lower markup.

I appreciate your advice, and try not to use my location as a factor in my pricing (I am relatively new at this, and this particular type of install is new to me - I have only done one glass window before!). I am taking an experienced installer with me if I secure this contract.

I am likely going to become a subscriber so I can learn more about pricing (I do not want to price myself out of contracts, nor price myself too low either).

S

scarface

I would double mat's on this and charge $50/hr

So with 16 hrs it would be $1800 total for the entire job + travel time

Honestly i don't know how long it would take either but charge them for 16 and you can always cut it down some when your finished and know, they will appreciate that but don't tell them that up front.

vroongraphics

Hi Scarface...that is exactly what my wife and I were talking about this evening....It is nice to know we are on the same page as others on this forum. I really appreciate both your and SurfaceSigns comments, as it really helped me finalize my quote. I just finished printing it off...and I am at 1950, which includes travel time....so I was close! :)
I look forward to hearing from you both again! Take care.

S

scarface

Hi Scarface...that is exactly what my wife and I were talking about this evening....It is nice to know we are on the same page as others on this forum. I really appreciate both your and SurfaceSigns comments, as it really helped me finalize my quote. I just finished printing it off...and I am at 1950, which includes travel time....so I was close! :)
I look forward to hearing from you both again! Take care.

Now i quoted it in USD so i'm not sure what that is in your currency :wink:

Good luck with the job, Update the thread when it's complete to tell us how you made out.

Heck, sign up for a premium membership, there is ALOT more pricing help in the premium pricing forum :thumb:

vroongraphics

Hi...I drove out and met the architect, the project manager, and the senior staff today. I submitted the quote, and am waiting to hear back. I will subscribe for premium membership soon...
I appreciate the comments, and will update the post when I hear word...

vroongraphics

Update

Hello everyone. Sorry, as I negleted to update the forum - but I did secure this particular contract. I have attached pictures of the finished project. Thanks everyone for your help! I did become a premium subscriber, and the investment was priceless -as I have always had quick responses and sound advice from the Signs 101 family! :)

Attachments

• Table_windows.jpg
    Table_windows.jpg
    85.7 KB · Views: 76
  • windows.jpg
    windows.jpg
    70.6 KB · Views: 99
  • table.bmp
    1,012.6 KB · Views: 88
  • door.bmp
    1,012.6 KB · Views: 110