• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Window Perf Install Tips?

splizaat

Hey guys,
We hardly ever do window perf installs (it's just not our thing) but we're doing five big 31"wide x 91" Tall windows in printed window perf this friday and looking for tips.

Obviously install dry...We've decided to print at EXACT size of the window with no overhang to cut off. I'd honestly prefer to mask it and then install it to keep it from stretching but I know most people don't....

What kind of install tips can you provide? I planned on bending the top 2" of liner down and lining it up, then going downward while someone below holds it straight and somewhat tight while they coach it and keep it lined up. Is there a better way?

Sounds like you are just stressing a bit much since its not of the norm for you. Everything you stated is pretty much what I would do if installing onto flat glass. Only time I've ever been annoyed or stressed @ Perforated is on really bubbly/round vehicle windows.

Just take your time and do work!

2B

yup what you described will work, no need for masking since you are using gravity and there will be no stretching

we install using a big squeegee, set the top edge like you stated and run the squeegee down. will be done in minutes

it is always best to stop the perf about 1/8" from the window edge

+1 rear windows are a PAIN especially the ones with a multi axis curve

splizaat

Sounds good to me. Yes these are flat windows. The idea of stretchy window perf stresses me out, but if you say that's how it's done, then that's how we're gonna do it :)