• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Windows 7 Software Compatibility

tanneji

Hey all

We are about to get a new PC and are waiting around til Win7 to get it in order to take advantage of the upgrade. It will definitely be a PC so please refrain from the "Geee you should get a mac" etc. I am purely checking to see if anyone has been running Win7 with their sign software. I have been running on my 2 computers at home and have loved it but am unsure about some of the sign software working on it.

Specifically, we use the following:
Flexi 8.1v1
Roland Versaworks
Adobe CS2 (though this will be CS4 around the same time)
Cyrious Control
Quickbooks

On the hardware side we have:
Roland VP-540
HP DesignJet 5500
Graphtec FC7000-130

I think thats about it though. If anyone has had any positives or negative with any other software/hardware and Win7. Perhaps we could make this a complete signmaker's Win7 compatibility chart.

Thanks!

Joel

Kwiksigns

wookie
Specifically, we use the following:
Flexi 8.1v1 - Yes
Roland Versaworks - NA
Adobe CS2 (though this will be CS4 around the same time) - CS3 Works
Cyrious Control - NA
Quickbooks - Yes

On the hardware side we have:
Roland VP-540 - NA
HP DesignJet 5500 - Our Designjet9000s works
Graphtec FC7000-130 - Yes

We have sucessfully tested the following applications with Windows 7 (both 32 and 64 bit versions):

FlexiSIGN 8.5+
Adobe CS3+
Roland Versaworks 3+
Onyx 7+
Wasatch SoftRIP 6.5
Ergosoft

Windows 7's x86 compatability is quite good. We've only seen problems with certain (HP) scanners, and some O/S-based USB drivers for plotters. Overall, it looks to be very compatible with most recently developed applications and hardware.

tanneji

Oh thanks mucho! I have also had great success with it as some of my old DOS games (Monkey Island whut!) have worked on it.

Seriously thanks for those of you stickin your neck out with the beta haha!

choucove

I have also tested FlexiSign Pro 8.1 in Windows 7 (64-bit) and the designer had no problems working in the program for a full week so I imagine there won't me any major issues there.

I have tested and used Quickbooks 2007 and 2008 on Windows 7 (64-bit again) and both worked without any issue.

Also just about any of the Adobe suites should work within Windows 7 without any issue.

Kwiksigns

wookie
Wasnt much of stickin my neck out... Couldn't get anything to work in XP-64 so I found windows 7 online and downloaded/installed it. Suprisingly I have not had any trouble.

cptcorn

adad
Mimaki JV33-160 NO
Mimaki CG-FX160 NO

No luck yet, trying to get them working in Windows XP Mode.This virtual mode is a separate download from Microsoft.)

WVB

I had issues with Vista 64bit and a lot of software not working inside it. What I did was install XP to a external hard drive and booted off the external to run.

I tried doing the virtual machine inside Vista64 running XP and it worked at first, then all of a sudden I couldn't get anything to communicate. Hopefully the XP compatibly mode works with Windows 7 now...

Mimaki JV33-160 NO
Mimaki CG-FX160 NO

No luck yet, trying to get them working in Windows XP Mode.This virtual mode is a separate download from Microsoft.)

cptcorn

adad
Just an update... Not sure if Windows XP Mode works with the Mimaki drivers. You need a CPU that supports Hardware Visualization, which the one on this machine does not.

dortonracing

not to be a pirate but what is the difference between the 32bit and 64bit windows, I'm about to get a new machine and was just wondering. Not a big computer geek lol. Just know some of the basics, thanks