• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Wiper problem

midnightmadman

Strange issue. My wiper is only sliding out about half way to where it should be.
It’s perfectly clean and un obstructed
I can’t seem to figure out why. So during cleanings it’s only swiping about half of the print head.
Any ideas on why it would be doing this ?

DL Signs

Never go against the family
Not that familiar with Mutoh, but know the wiper has a little motor, a bunch of gears, and a slider. If you can get deep enough into it to do a visual inspection, it might just be some dried ink or gunk in the gears holding it back. If it's not something simple like that, you'll probably have to get a new maintenance station. Pretty sure Solventinkjet sells them.

midnightmadman

Thanks. Nothing I can see. When I disconnect the wiper from the gears it slides perfectly to where it should go. So it seems something definitely related to the gearing

Solventinkjet

DIY Printer Fixing Guide
The older model Mutoh maintenance stations are overengineered and the same motor and gears that run the wiper also runs the pump. So if the pump is failing, it can affect the wiper and vice versa. I agree that it's probably just time for a new station especially if it's over 2 years old.