• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Wiper sensor error

poslive

Heeelllp! This weekend my Toucan LT crashed with a wiper sensor error E082. I replaced both the wiper sensor and the cap position sensor (it was looking a little sketchy.)When I started it back up it got a minute into the cleaning cycle and crashed again. I checked the fuses on the main board and all are OK. Any ideas? Also, after sitting all weekend like that the heads are pretty dry. I've been soaking them since yesterday morning but I'm not optimistic about their recovery chances. is there a way to clean them with denatured alcohol or something or would that destroy them completely? I'm not looking forward to buying 6 new heads.

Any help would be greatly appreciated so I don't have to keep doing this::banghead:

Thanks
TJ

Mikeifg

Had mine do that yesterday but it was my black ink cart that was not in right, air was gettin in. It was wierd that the wiper sensor error went off for that type of problem tho. I cleaned my wiper off then manually ran the head over it to clean it off. Do that with the machine off then push the wiper back to where it was and restart.

randya

The wiper sensors on the LT can be easily misaligned and the 'flag' that trips the sensor can knock the sensor out of place if everything is not set up correctly.

Denatured alcohol and other solvents evaporate much faster than the cleaning solution and can dry heads if the soak is not kept wet.

Rewet every 15-20 minutes.

poslive

Thanks for the tips. The sensor and flag appear to be positioned correctly, when I start up the machine it will begin a cleaning cycle and throw the error after about a minute in, just after the capping station lowers but before the wipers actually move. If I remove the wiper assembly the error shows up as soon as the printer powers up. could it be a motor?

randya

I believe that there are two sensors - one on the wiper and one on the capping station.

Sounds like the capping station sensor.

poslive

NEWS FLASH!
The roll pin that attaches the drive gear to the wiper drive shaft sheared when it crashed into the wiper sensor. We replaced the pin and she works like a charm (sort of).
Now I just have to bring 2 of the heads back to life and I'm in business!
Mike, Randy, thanks again for your input. Y'all Rock.