• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Wobby line on one printhead during nozzle check and other calibrations

fishoil_tycoon

I've been having a weird issue with one of our Kyocera printheads on our flatbed. It's a dual channel printhead, and this one is Black + Cyan.

As you can see in the pic, the calibration lines for that specific printhead are "wobby." The nozzle check itself is fine, I'm not missing any portions/don't have any white spots.

I'm having trouble calibrating the printhead since it's hard to tell which portion of the line is supposed to line up with the base line.

I thought maybe an encoder strip problem, but that should affect all the printheads, not just this one.

Have you guys seen anything like this before?

Attachments

• 20230320_135246.jpg
    20230320_135246.jpg
    782.2 KB · Views: 136

Dasdesignguy

Production Manager/Field Service Tech
What printer? Was the print head recently changed? Did you do it yourself or did a tech do it? In my opinion that looks like a head voltage issue. Check all of your electrical connections and reseat. Make sure machine is unplugged and any static has been discharged.